Ten of the world’s top fifty players at the Gonet Geneva Open
The eighth edition of the Gonet Geneva Open will not be lacking in appeal. The list of nineteen players who have been admitted directly into the main draw of this ATP 250 tournament, which will take place from May 20 to 27 at the Parc des Eaux-Vives, is indeed full of promise. It brings together ten of the fifty best players in the world.
Two top-ten players, two-time defending champion Casper Ruud (ATP 4) and Taylor Fritz (ATP 10), the leader of a strong American contingent, are the first headliners of the tournament. Others will follow. With the three wild cards at their disposal, the organizers will be able to attract, as in recent years, other players of great value.
The tournament cut-off point is 69th place. It is interesting to note that seven players on this list have won an ATP tournament this year: Tallon Griekspoor in Pune, Yibing Wu in Dallas, Taylor Fritz in Delray Beach, Nicolas Jarry in Santiago, Roberto Carballes Baena in Marrakech, Casper Ruud in Estoril and Dusan Lajovic in Banja Luka.
Swiss No. 1 Marc-Andrea Hüsler does not enter the draw directly because of his ranking (ATP 76). He could however benefit from possible withdrawals to enter the draw.
Entry list of the Gonet Geneva Open:
- Casper Ruud (NOR/ATP 4)
- Taylor Fritz (USA/ATP 10)
- Denis Shapovalov (CAN/ATP 27)
- Botic van de Zandschulp (NED/ATP 29)
- Tallon Griekspoor (NED/ATP 36)
- Ben Shelton (USA/ATP 38)
- Dusan Lajovic (SRB/ATP 40)
- Bernabe Zapata Miralles (ESP/ATP 42)
- Adrian Mannarino (FRA/ATP 46)
- J.J. Wolf (USA/ATP 49)
- Nicolas Jarry (CHI/ATP 51)
- Roberto Carballles Baena (ESP/ATP 53)
- Alexander Bublik (KAZ/ATP 55)
- Yibing Wu (CHN/ATP 57)
- Marcos Giron (USA/61)
- Constant Lestienne (FRA/ATP 62)
- Jan-Lennard Struff (GER/ATP 65)
- John Isner (USA/ATP 68)
- Iliya Ivashka (BLR/ATP 69)
The draw will be completed by 2 “special exempt” players, 3 wild card players and 4 players from the qualifiers.